This area provides access to various HyTime-related tools.
NOTE: inclusion of tools in this list does not imply any endorsement
or warranty of these tools by the HyTime User's Group. This list is provided
purely as a service. See the respective providers' Web sites for the latest
information on these tools.
- Using Jade and DSSSL, implements HyTime's value reference facility for
doing true use-by-reference. Incomplete but useful as a demonstration of the
facility. Look for a more robust Python-based update soon.
- TechnoTeacher's soon-to-be-available industrial-strength grove management
system. Was demonstrated at Metastructures '98. Slated for beta availability
- A DSSSL-based, Web-enabled SGML/XML viewer. Technology demonstration from
- TechnoTeacher's original HyTime browser. Somewhat out of date because it
only supports HyTime 1st Edition, but still useful as a learning and
demonstration tool. Eventually HyBrowse will be replaced or updated with a
- Demonstration implementation of HyTime independent linking and
cross-document addressing using Arbortext's ADEPT*Editor
product. Shows how useful HyTime functionality can be implemented using only the
facilities provided by an SGML-aware editor like ADEPT*Editor.
- Jade (James' DSSSL Engine)
- Implementation of the DSSSL standard (ISO/IEC 10179:1996). Provides robust
software for doing grove-based processing. Includes groveoa.dll, an ActiveX/COM
object that provides easy access to SGML document groves from any COM-aware
language (VB, Python, C++, etc.).
- SoftQuad Panorama
- The original HyTime-aware Web-enabled, SGML viewer. Based on the
Synex ViewPort toolkit. Only supports HyTime
1st Edition facilities, but still pretty useful. SoftQuad provides both a free
Web browser plug in and stand-alone viewer/publisher.
- Python programming language
- The Python language competes with Perl and its ilk. It turns out that
Python is ideally suited to working with groves. On Windows, it can be
immediately integrated with James Clark's groveoa.dll, part of the Jade package
provides a Python binding and more grove-related Python tools are coming soon.
Check it out.
- David Megginson's SAX-based XML Architecture Facility. Provides transparent
architecture awareness to SAX-based XML parsers.